Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stuffed Bell Pepper

I've made this a couple of times now. It has become a favorite of my husbands! Its very simple and is great for a busy night. Just mix it up, throw it in the oven, and do what you need to do!


Ingredients:
Green Bell Peppers (as many as you want. 1 fills me up, my husband likes 2)
Ground Beef
Worstceshire Sauce
Soy Sauce
Onion (chopped)
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper
Ketchup and Shredded Cheese for topping.
Directions:
1. Thaw meat and put in bowl (size depends on how much you use)
2. Add in chopped onion, worstceshire sauce (just cover the meat-I'm not sure on the measurement), a splash of soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. I also put a little Tony Chachere's in mine...you can really put whatever spices you want in your meat!
3. Mash up everything with your hands until mixed well...this gets a little messy! haha
4. Crack 1 egg over the meat and mix it all up again. The egg keeps the onion and anything else you add it from completely falling off the meat.
5. Slice open the top of your bell peppers and put a small hole in each part of the bottom (there is usually 4, but it depends on how your bell pepper is shaped). Cut the center away, pulling out the core and seeds.
6. Stuff the bell peppers with meat, just even it out between the peppers.
7. Place on baking sheet, you can put the tops back on if you want.
8. Bake at 350 for about an hour. About 5-10 min before they are done squirt ketchup on top and cover with shredded cheese.
9. Take them out and enjoy!

Here are some pictures of the process!



Here are the ingredients

All stuffed!



Finished Product!

Results:

Very good meal! However, that was expected. I also like it because its fairly low carb and you can personalize it as much as you want. There are so many possibilities for flavoring the meat!

I gave the meal a 9. It is very good and I enjoy it. I can't give it a 10, I reserve that for A-MA-ZING meals. (Like that chicken I loved so much)

Dillon gives it a 8.7...geez he's worse than Simon. Just kidding. He really likes it too. Red, the dog, loves the meat but is not having the pepper part. haha!

Give it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment